Restore the Body to Optimum Health
Yoga maintains the smooth functioning and health of all the body’s systems.
Regular practice of the stretches, twists, bends and inversions, which are the basic movements of the yoga poses, can bring about the following physical benefits;
- Activates and tones all the muscles, bones and organs of the body
- Boosts metabolism, lymphatic circulation, and hormonal secretions
- Balances all the systems of the body
- Corrects posture
- Improves breathing
- Increases energy
- Cleanses the body of toxins
- Restores strength and stamina
- Reduces stiffness in the body
Sooth and Calm the Mind
“Free the mind of stress and become filled with calm and tranquillity.”
The yoga poses, while appearing to deal with the physical body alone, work specific parts of the body to sooth and relax the mind.
The prolonged practice of yoga will, in time, lead the student to a sense of peace and a feeling of being at one with his or her environment.
“With serenity one then experiences the self by the self, and rests the self in the lap of the soul.”
east clare yoga offers live-online classes with Iyengar Yoga teachers trained to the highest standard